The Justice Institute of British Columbia's Centre for Counselling & Community Safety, in partnership with the BC Association of Family Resource Programs, offers the Family Resource Program Certificate each fall.
The application process for the 2012-2013 delivery of the FRP Certificate is now closed. Applications received are being reviewed and successful applicants will be notified by the Justice Institute by th end of August.
This 12-day, (8 course / 6 credit) Family Resource Program Certificate is experiential and cognitive, competency-based training for workers who support and assist parents of young children in dealing with a wide range of challenges including child development, economic stress, adaptation to a new country and culture, separation and divorce, family violence, or mental health issues.
1. Roots and Principles of Family Resource Programs in Canada
2. Family Resource Program - Approach to Practice
3. Child Development
4. The Skilled Practitioner: Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Family Diversity
6. Working with Vulnerable Families
7. Supporting Families of Children with Special Needs
8. Program Planning and Evaluation
Oct. 17-18, 2012
Oct. 19-20, 2012
Nov. 28, 2012
Nov. 29, 2012
Nov. 30-Dec. 1, 2012
Jan. 16, 2013
Jan. 17, 2013
Jan. 18-19, 2013