We are the BC Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP-BC), a not-for-profit organization that supports the development of diverse healthy families with children prenatal to six years old using a family-centred practice.
We represent family resource programs spread across BC, which collectively receive thousands of visits from adults and children each year. For almost 50 years, family resource programs have engaged families with wisdom and care.
Family Resource Programs use a compassionate-care or trauma-informed approach with families. Parents and caregivers with children attend the family resource programs at community-based family drop-ins. The family drop-ins are found in Family Centres, Family Places, Early Years Centres, Parent/Family Literacy Centres and Neighbourhood Houses.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision at FRP-BC is for all BC families to have the supports they need in their communities to raise healthy children.
Our mission is to build capacity in family-centred programs through research, education, advocacy and provincial standards as well as to connect families to local programs and resources.
Our values at FRP-BC are community, connection, inclusion, respect and relationships, in all that we do.
Our six principles support our members. Family Resource Programs:
- Promote consistent positive parenting practices and healthy, secure parent/child relationships
- Are grounded in strength-based practices
- Promote developmentally appropriate play-based learning
- Are open to all families and welcomes diversity
- Strengthen the ability of families to raise healthy children by working in partnership with families and communities
- Are committed to reflective best practices
Our Services for Family Resource Programs
We work with the field in a variety of ways including:
- Statement of Reconciliation Community of Practice
- Webinars and face-to-face trainings including Cultural Competency, Family Violence Prevention, Family Resource Practitioners Essentials
- FRP-BC Provincial Standards of Practice Accreditation
- Family Resource Program updates
- Field-related resources and support
- Government policy and legislation updates
- Member networking
Our Operations & Strategy
We invite you to learn more about our operations and strategic outline in the following documents.