The mission of the BC Association of Family Resource Programs is to promote, strengthen and expand the BC family resource movement. The family resource movement seeks to strengthen and empower families, neighbourhoods and communities so that they can foster optimal development of children within the context of the family.
Family Resource Program Principles:
- Promote consistent positive parenting practices and healthy, secure parent/child relationships
- Grounded in strength-based practices
- Promote developmentally appropriate play-based learning
- Open to all families and welcomes diversity
- Strengthen the ability of families to raise healthy children by working in partnership with families and communities
- Committed to reflective best practices